It is important to get rid of psoriasis in proper treatment and method whether takes in a hospital or home remedies. In many cases, psoriasis goes away and then flares up again. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that commonly appears.
Psoriasis and types of psoriasis
The researcher suggests that psoriasis occurs as a result when the body’s immune system attacks healthy cells and mistaken them as dangerous substances. Several types of psoriasis should be identified to get the best strategy treatment for psoriasis.
- There are common types of psoriasis plaque psoriasis or psoriasis Vulgaris. This psoriasis appears as red, thick skin patches that covered with flaky and silver-white scales.
- pustular psoriasis. This psoriasis appearance such as a small filled blister. This is uncommon psoriasis.
- Inverse psoriasis. This psoriasis locates in folded parts include underarms, buttocks, navel, and groins.
- Guttate psoriasis. This psoriasis appears as small drops spots infected areas
- Nail psoriasis develop the yellow pit nails and often confused with fungus in the nail
- Scalp psoriasis. This psoriasis can develop severe itching, dandruff, and hair loss.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis. The skin redness in this type can be very intense and cover the entire body with red and peeling rashes that burn or itchy intensively.
Treatment to get rid of psoriasis
Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure to get rid of psoriasis. The treatment itself relief the symptom and prevent the development from new patches in affected areas to spread. There are at least 3 basic methods for treating psoriasis, topical, internal and light therapy.
- Topical treatments. There are some creams and ointments that able to use to treat mild into moderate psoriasis effectively. The treatments include topical corticosteroids, anthralin, topical retinoids, coal tar, salicylic acid, and moisturizer creams.
- Oral and injection medications. For a patient that has severe psoriasis or for those that resistant to other medications the oral or injected drugs may prescribe for treating psoriasis. The treatments include retinoids, biologic medications, and methotrexate.
- Light therapy. This is a therapy that uses natural sunlight or artificial ultraviolet light. The forms of this treatment include UVB phototherapy, sunlight, narrow-band UVB phototherapy. Goeckerman therapy, excimer laser. This therapy is also able to use light therapy for eczema medication.
Consideration to choose proper treatment to get rid of psoriasis
Your doctor recommends proper treatment based on the type of psoriasis and the severity includes the areas that affected with psoriasis. For better results you also able to consider apply specific diets, creams, herbs or dietary supplements. These are not proven medically to get rid of psoriasis, but it able to reduce and prevent the signs and symptoms such as scaling and itching to appear.